Known for their ease of use, a pontoon boat has car-like driving maneuverability making it easy for novice boaters to learn to cruise. The ability to cruise in nearly any depth of water makes pontoons attractive for boating on lakes, rivers or shallow waterways. Ranging from 16 to 30 feet in length, most pontoon boats can also comfortably handle seating for up to 15 people.
Here are the top 10 pontoon boat manufacturers, based on number of brands, models and overall popularity.
- Nautic Global GroupPontoon brands include: Aqua Patio, Sweetwater, Sanpan and Parti Kraft.
- Forest River Marine/OdysseyPontoon brands include: Berkshire Pontoons and South Bay Marines.
- Harris Kayot MarinePontoon brand includes: Harris FloteBote.
- Tracker MarinePontoon brands include: Fisher Boats and Sun Tracker
- Smoker CraftPontoon brands include: Sunchaser, Sylvan and Smoker Craft.
- Premier MarinePontoon brands include: Leisure Pontoons and Premier Pontoons.
- Prairie AdventuresPontoon brands include: Prairie Adventure and Prowler Series.
- Lowe BoatsPontoon brands include: Suncruiser and Lowe Boats.
- Triton BoatsPontoon brands include: Manitou Pontoons and Triton Boats.
- Avalon and Tahoe ManufacturingPontoon brands include: Avalon Luxury Pontoons and Tahoe Pontoons.
When reviewing the top 10 pontoon boat manufacturers and available models, consider how the boat will be used to select the features and amenities that matter most to you.
Economically priced models will likely have smaller engines, cruise slower and require less boat fuel. Higher horsepower engines will cruise faster, enabling more speed for skiing or tubing on the water. And although most pontoon boats can be transported on a trailer, larger models will most likely need to be kept at marinas.
If comfort is your priority, pontoon boat manufacturers cater to cruising comforts of boaters. Pontoon boats are often described as “party boats” because of their ability to seat a large number of people on board with comfortable seats, couches and swivel chairs. The spacious open deck layout also makes it easy to fish, swim or enjoy a sunset party on the water.
The top ten pontoon boating manufacturers are continually evolving their brands and models to add luxury features such as advanced electronics, sun pads, reclining chairs, changing rooms, refrigerators, grills, LED lighting and more. With today’s top pontoon boats, you expect the latest in amenities for convenient and economical fun on the water.
Copyright 2011 BoatTrader.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.